Re: Installation of atl1 kernel module

thanks - this helped me get a bit further. I hadn't actually tried to load the
module on ubuntu, but when I did it worked OK.

dmesg was more informative:

atl1: version magic '2.6.24-21-generic SMP mod_unload 586 ' should be
'2.6.24.2-slitazSMP mod_unload 386 '

This was the same with the module I compiled from sources and with the one
that ships with ubuntu.

So then I did a modprobe -force, which also didn't work:

atl1: no version magic, tainting kernel.
atl1: Unknown symbol pci_disable_msi
atl1: Unknown symbol pv_irq_ops
atl1: Unknown symbol pci_enable_msi

Does that mean that I need to find a distribution with a vanilla i386 2.6.24
kernel?

Grey