[Sawfish] Preventing _NET_WM_STATE_ABOVE

I'm running Sawfish 1.12.90 "Bolero" (yeah, I know it's ancient...but it works).

The Zoom application is very aggressive in its opinions of what should be on top of my screen; it frequently sets _NET_WM_STATE to _NET_WM_STATE_ABOVE, which results in the window's "depth" property being 2 and makes it impossible for me to put the window behind other, more important ones. It even does that for its settings window! Sigh.

I would like to override that behavior. I tried writing a window-matching rule that checked "Ignore stacking requests", but that didn't work. I did figure out that (window-put w 'depth 0) does what I want, but I don't see an easy way to write a window matcher that invokes a function.

Anybody have a suggestion?
--
Geoff Kuenning geoff@xxxxxxxxxx http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~geoff/

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
               -- Isaac Asimov