[Sawfish] Re: Maximized window versus fullscreen video

kas@xxxxxxxxxx (2020-07-07 at 0905.46 +0200):
> I run Firefox as maximized window - with decorations, but maximized by
> default using Window Rules. I select it by Class =~ ^Firefox/Navigator$.
>
> Now when I visit a web site with embedded video player (say, youtube),
> play the video, and switch the video player to the fullscreen mode,
> then as soon as I leave the fullscreen mode, the Firefox window itself
> gets unmaximized.
>
> The expected behaviour would be to have the Firefox window maximized
> even after leaving the fullscreen mode of the embedded video player.
>
> Is it possible to treat the fullscreen video player inside Firefox
> as a separate entity or something?

A full screen window is (per "xprop | grep _NET_WM_STATE"):
_NET_WM_STATE(ATOM) = _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN
while normal maximization is:
_NET_WM_STATE(ATOM) = _NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED_VERT, _NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED_HOR
showing there is a difference that can be used in the code.

I do not remember any config that does it already, so if you want to
change the behaviour, probably you will have to create own versions of
files like wm-spec.jl or maximize.jl, so getting out of fullscreen
goes back to whatever was before (normal or maximized). Sorry to not
be able to just give you a "add this line here" solution.

Remember you can replace files easily by creating your own as
~/.sawfish/lisp/sawfish/wm/state/wm-spec.jl and so on.

Cheers,
GSR