|Re: [Sawfish] clicks sometimes cause resize|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] clicks sometimes cause resize
- From: Per Hedeland <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 13:04:45 +0100
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; outbound4.ore.mailhop.org; spf=none smtp.mailfrom=hedeland.org smtp.remote-ip=188.8.131.52; dmarc=none header.from=hedeland.org; arc=none header.oldest-pass=0;
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=outbound.mailhop.org; s=arc-outbound20181012; h=content-transfer-encoding:content-type:in-reply-to:mime-version:date: message-id:from:references:to:subject:dkim-signature:from; bh=Z9Ym3JQSjNU++q4HQYaHP4kC+NBtXziJG/pRbZJQVns=; b=V57/HInmqpPiGqnHDglcmtS5Wu6HFdslgYhMEAm/1H99mWuPCnTVxVCNNgBhLh7mR52LN9LxU20+4 DgxCilvVimWGKHJa6BisCF5SaA0lfYor52k69j/ALOGmfIvnAFa13tRSw5t41NHmcDvOWGp7rt6uNY PmSRYiUUjuM5hbpZSrjbXAjhdld98QG+RW4+CYYXkQBcWnfUjD0ZhGbduyTvNKNqrupZwGwoY2yNoC mo20gMF3jvo9mWOXKVZk9Pn736irtMF/0GvpcDUCApjguO9VZBJIodjnxIOmfZ7Myb6J6B1hsMnzTa L31VMiT24JA23jhGC6Bn5D/RM/ZOirQ==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1547035447; cv=none; d=outbound.mailhop.org; s=arc-outbound20181012; b=LS0CnJ2tHE6mHP/AJQ9/wjCRrSA/gx7bc6MFTEJPG36HODqbzNxIgJ72TfBIzd1AdgGwqzWR3bG3z XsZ3FOW45ZeF8Uc42AEyu/43cx2XUS0KrK0qOkFJJlbd6VVny+hkPqulFZXX3T40lYttx87/grq7ZU jyEsiPDBeDOZU6snHz6g1Acn7zPgkSGx3Z833G/cEkILFKGLiueEQE6wG5poV/7gt6elpuFcj1Rrv+ HT7BPzhLMNAh80OjZhpaFn/Xm+Uajz7qAD+8g7Hfr6OY9qdN/+HWccLzdN31eJmxL3ME/JPKwvQudm ZNn9AhEMrJSkeVZG8ZIH9xRMbYhSp4A==
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=outbound.mailhop.org; s=dkim-high; h=content-transfer-encoding:content-type:in-reply-to:mime-version:date: message-id:from:references:to:subject:from; bh=Z9Ym3JQSjNU++q4HQYaHP4kC+NBtXziJG/pRbZJQVns=; b=vW7ogACsqMAwVo/LpbbTK13/AD2TxK7PqK4o8oE/oJENlheO7hRNHrjdl97nK90hm4V8kdLKQH/vQ W7xw8rQEpaHvotPeLvIgLkFQrVIJt9DwjzfwPGWV8SYwAMo8/PIiTvS+jpZ4TjWzhgKUUM7ADmD1+z lf2vLTNz5CrpWtBa1HBCCrBnoTXv+wzYhGcFRLt6BMMfY6hRlYvwQ+nRu+QdM6Upf1lwqM8dHwNnGx Ykdlu7DcNtB4AwU7WbjU0V6xXI5bQNhXHrSv3kvcDqbStZhgf89FYQ6qDoc1e/vDc8E5Z171ekqFFo VoQItBKOJ4Mc5cEUf8ew3gXTJP5IKMg==
I see that the fix discussed below has been applied in the git repo -
are there any plans to make a new sawfish release that includes it?
I've been running with the fix for over a year now, without other
problems than the fact that I use the FreeBSD sawfish package, and
thus lose the fix whenever I do a new FreeBSD install and install the
(Just now - having upgraded to FreeBSD 12-RELEASE 3 weeks ago, and as
usual forgotten to re-apply the fix - I hit the bug in Firefox, and
then *again* in Thunderbird when hunting down the message I'm replying
On 2017-12-10 12:41, Takeshi Hamasaki wrote:
Fixed here, too. (on Debian 9.1, without gtk3-nocsd installed)
2017-12-10 10:52 GMT+09:00 Per Hedeland <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On 2017-12-09 23:09, Trevor Cordes wrote:
On 2017-12-09 Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
try the attached patch by GSR, I'm currently test-running it the
issues seems to be (atleast) partially solved, still needs testing to
ensure it does not cause new issues.
OK, I've put that patch in and restarted sawfish and it fixes the bug
for my reproduction scenario. I'll keep testing it to see if there are
other side effects. Assume if you don't hear from me that there aren't
any, but I'll try to report back in a couple of weeks.
Same here, i.e. fixed - thanks! - and I'll keep testing. Hm, I wonder if
another weird behavior I'm occasionally seeing with FF might be related,
where a new window is created from a tab - i.e. as if I had dragged the
tab outside of the FF window, which I hadn't. I'm afraid I have no real
idea how to reproduce, but it tends to happen when I'm doing some
sequence of repeated "open link in new tab" (via middle-button) and then
going back to the original tab (I have "switch to new tab immediately"
on). Anyway time may tell - if it doesn't happen anymore with the patch
applied, it has to be related.:-)
Also you may try gtk3-nocsd, which disables Client Side Decoration
sh** (available from official Debian repos, dunno about other
Hehe... agreed on the **** there, but I'll live with it for now, not
sure if Fedora has a similar thing, but since I use almost no ugly
gnome csd apps it's not a big concern for me.
Long live sawfish!!! (and X!) Thanks!
Yes! And thanks to GSR for the patch!