Re: [Sawfish] Re: The mysterious disappearing match rules

Does anybody have a sign reading "This guy shoots himself in the foot"?
If so, please come and hold it over my head.

You may recall that I asked in September about a problem where my window
matching rules seemed to insist on disappearing.  Today I found the
cause.

Here's the very first entry in my matching rules:

    ^EDIT THIS IN SAWFISHRC!!!

I completely ignored that entry, and until today also failed to note the
following highly relevent extract from my sawfishrc:

    ; The following custom settings were extracted from ~/.sawfish/custom
    ; because I need to make them different on the laptop and desktop.
    ; The downside is that I can no longer use the customize menu to make
    ; more window matches (or if I do, I have to integrate those changes
    ; into here).
    (custom-set-typed-variable
     'match-window-profile
     `(

I actually have sensible reasons for doing things in this strange
fashion, and now I can fix my problem.  But given that I went to the
trouble of leaving myself a note in the matching rules, you'd think I
might have paid attention...

Anyway, sorry to have bothered people.  Duh.
--
    Geoff Kuenning   geoff@xxxxxxxxxx   http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~geoff/

If it's visually ugly, it's almost certainly a bad design.