Re: [Sawfish] Re: The mysterious disappearing match rules

As for hacky solutions, I would use cron to run sawfish-client, and
set the rule if missing.

Hah, I hadn't thought of that. Might just do it. Does anybody know off the top of their head what global variable holds the matching rules?

BTW, Bobby, I actually don't need to diff the custom file; mine is so simple that I can see the diffs by eye. Those two rules vanish and nothing else.

What I could do, if I can find the time, is to attach sawfish to gdb from a remote machine, and set a breakpoint at the places where the custom file is rewritten. A backtrace might be revealing.
--
Geoff Kuenning geoff@xxxxxxxxxx http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~geoff/

If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be research, would it?
		-- Albert Einstein