[Sawfish] sawfish-lisp-source in debian jessie

Hi folks,

I just got myself another machine. I have installed debian jessie and the version of sawfish that came with the dist is currently 1.5.3-2.4. The package sawfish-lisp-source was all installed. I was thinking of upgrading to 1.10-1nano from the nanolx repository but this will remove sawfish-lisp-source. I was wondering if sawfish-lisp-source was necessary to hook into my emacs24? or will it hook in to my emacs24 without that app? As it is right now my 1.5.3 is hooked into my emacs24.

--
 Darth Emacs

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.