Re: [Sawfish] Re: Add compton module to sawfish

Am Samstag, 14. September 2013, 13:51:19 schrieb fuchur:

> Hi,

> On Sat, 14 Sep 2013 08:30:29 +0200

> wrote Christopher Roy Bratusek <nano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> >> Currently testing, made two changes:

> >> - renamed window matcher from never-shadow to no-shadow

> >> - renamed releas-tab to release-tab (typo in function name)

> >> Regards,

> >> Chris

> >Have not yet tracked down, but compton does not start for me with

> >this update (only default settings). Gonna check where the issue is

> >the next days.

> >Chris

> This was a bug. Compton detect shaped/shaded windows other as sawfish..

> Windows with tabs for compton are shaped/shaded. And if you enable

> "Don’t draw shadows on shaped windows." it's also apply by tabs and

> overwrite "Force shadows by tabbed windows." I fix that, disable

> "--shadow-ignore-shaped" from compton and enable it with the "sawfish

> way". Also fix typos with this patch.

I corrected two more typos, and I found the issue why it does not work for me:

--xinerama-shadow-crop does not exist on debian (both official and self-compiled from git repository) So I added a new boolean defcustom: shadows-crop-xinerama, defaulted to nil with note that not all compton versions support it.

Regards,

Chris