Re: [Sawfish] Strange Window Behaviour

On Tue, 8 Jan 2013 07:58:27 +0900
wrote "Andrew A. Adams" <aaa@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>I've got a really odd problem with Firefox that I think must be to do with
>some setting it's telling sawfish about. Suddenly my Firefox window shrank to
>a fifth its normal width, lost the "maximise" toolbar button and whenever I
>try to resize the window it jumps down to zero size (vertical or horizontal)
>and I can only get it to then resize back up to the narrow size it was
>before. I've had this happen once or twice before but a restart of Firefox
>fixed it then, but not this time. Even a reboot hasn't fixed it. I'm at a
>loss to even know what triggered it. I was using Firefox at the time but
>wasn't doing window operations with it. I've tried moving my .sawfish/custom
>file and restarting sawfish, including then restarting Firefox, but still no
>joy. I've even erased and reinstalled Firefox with no change.
>
>Any ideas?

In sawfish-1.9.90 is a fix for firefox.

Changelog:
2012-11-26  Christopher Roy Bratusek <nano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        * src/windows.c: cap max-width / max-height of a window, if it
exceeds 32767 (X11 maximum) -- fixes odd window-behaviour with Firefox
17 (original patch by Michael Panteleit)

--
Regards,
Fuchur

GPG Fingerprint: CA3B 8204 5B3E 6D48 6D53  C116 E5BC 70D5 B8D7 B2B0