|Re: [Sawfish] Beginner's Rep Question|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] Beginner's Rep Question
- From: D M German <dmg@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 18:29:24 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:sender:from:to:subject:organization:references:reply-to :date:in-reply-to:message-id:user-agent:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=p9mJDywiUSq9lxMvJyXZcFmZbU7VCaDjsREw6QFfa98=; b=kblVC9ClLJgBwxOWdEOop5mVEh0/I8/h9iEr1MBwSE8aE+S5PdPwfUL0crhzNg9qQB AWawSfgP7mZPQaUtLvDOXeUfu80xvbVS/POSkbKDs1+rQfl7M3Ve4I1z92suvHnxCP/y nWHmt7QhPRxxi1vmf4S/XZOMIF228e85P4ODKUDeB5xMvd12ztyHxYqeD1DiiKnxWlep riAiRZToosNDbuPfpJOSnFgl/tcvLamZw940+HJQ5/KYb4ZWwwV6lAN5bRA0YIwEEPQF biyTD8aLUAG1x1rP+Q+6LTHLLuSsyEIKFISVX6hLkx8QA3BHzt06obm1gadp/6JeqH5c 4iAA==
- Organization: University of Victoria
I am not an expert on this, but from reading the documentation, it seems
that there is a set number of window-frames to which windows refer
to. In other words, not every window has its own frame. Windows share
if you don't mind, why don't you explain us exactly what your use-case
Richard> I'm playing with frame parts and I cannot work out if I am trying to do something that can't be done or if I am being stupid.
Richard> How can I reliably change the properties of a frame part on one window only?
Richard> Simple case; in sawfish-client it is simple to get a window and get it's frame:
Richard> (setq a (select-window))
Richard> (setq b (window-frame a))
Richard> It is then simple to get to part of the frame - and change the values:
Richard> (nth 2 (nth 3 b))
Richard> -> shows (right-edge . 90)
Richard> (rplacd (nth 2 (nth 3 b)) 100)
Richard> -> shows (right-edge . 100)
Richard> Now is where it starts to go wrong. Despite repeated calls to
Richard> (refresh-window a)
Richard> the change does not appear on screen - rather the change happens
Richard> suddenly when the window is redrawn, for instance on a resize. Also,
Richard> when I create a new window (or resize another window) I find that the
Richard> change has happened to that frame part on all windows.
Richard> Am I trying to do something that cannot be done - or am I going about this stupidly?
Richard> Many thanks, Richard.
Richard> Sawfish ML
Daniel M. German "Great algorithms are
Francis Sullivan -> the poetry of computation"
dmg (at) uvic (dot) ca
replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .