[Sawfish] I can't seem to grab keys in configurator

Dear Sawfish Users,

I recently had to change some keybindings and discovered I could not.
The configurator grabs mouse movement, mouse clicks, modifier keys +
mouse clicks, but not key presses or modifier keys + key presses.
There is no output about this to .xsession-errors

The only thing I can think of is that I am using xim as my input method.
This is on xubuntu 12.04 (64bit) and sawfish/rep/rep-gtk built from the
git repo yesterday.

Do any of you know what might be causing this issue?

Sincerely,

Rafal Kolanski.