Re: [Sawfish] how to force a full button set and borders onto transient windows

I considered that before asking & it has too many side effects.

I may have assumed too much so after your suggestion I made a rule that matches all new windows; because many of these transient pop ups appear to have no name/class,  I asked for a name match on ".*" - when I do that all the other rules are ignored.

I don't see a way to match transients only ; lots of applications seem to set only the "name", "class" and "host" entries/attributes - if "role" is supposed to be filled in for dialogs or transients it's not happening.