Re: [Sawfish] root-menu/user.jl

On Tuesday 25 September 2012 14:41:16 Richard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was tinkering with my root menu and noticed that whatever changes I make
> in my rc, the system seems to be altering the menu after I have set it.
>
> I managed to track down the code to user.jl but I am not sure how I am
> supposed to suppress this through settings in the rc file.
>
> One undesired effect (all that reboot/logout nonsense) can be avoided by
> renaming the 'Session' submenu, but that seems like a bit of a kludge.

(defvar-setq want-poweroff-menu nil)

> The other effect ('Open home directory' and 'kill window') are being added
> to the menu and I can see no way for me to stop this.

something like

(setq root-menu (delete `("_Open Home" (filemanager "~")) root-menu))

in after-initialization-hook will do. If _Open Home is translated in your
language you have to use the translated string. simply type

root-menu

in sawfish-client to get the actual list.

> I can remove these by running another script after sawfish has started - but
> that seems to be missing the point: I thought that I should be making all
> 'setup' code to the rc file? Are these menu items really supposed to be
> compulsory?
>
> Many thanks, Richard.

Regards