[Sawfish] How to send patches

I have noticed the last series of patches I have submitted have been
applied but git log shows Christopher Roy Bratusek <nano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
as the author. It is not important who shows in the logs but maybe the
way I send the patches is wrong and must admit I recently started using
git send-email and by looking the git format-patch help file there is
the attach option which I am not using, perhaps this is the issue. Do
you prefer the patches as inline or as attachment ?

Or if someone is using git send-email along with format-patch care to
share the relevant parts of the gitconfig.

Thanks

Togan