[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] x.c
- From: Michal Maruska <mmaruska@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 13:42:45 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=LQ6VBLJG491GyUNHQFVwVb9RvS9YDoJjvse4eJ+cUVE=; b=w3y5sk97im+Eo8s8/dGWakIkY1OdnEveMn2Zky2GDjsDbee1opPwSUvYGvb50ytBN/ PUMTvm17H8K81sXi8IWgdhZeLWg43XufufK4yYXkCenoDkUKfnanEVEJWmaYCZyN1CK7 qjnL0uFnqhWZMTnX36VeK1kkG0vO8d7M5u4VKXixdiD5iysMk958jtWUznvQCoDS+17m RhN/3iCxRUYevsegaW1hG9hmsYx8c/z0KzkGSpYkT3p1C2N461QZ5UrfbeEdGDR7oU2T V+toKCkPtXmXejlhiULPahrKJuLV0gUke33+rPoRIvbhfkEpn4C6DsJnY2+i1YBuBM6X hmhg==
I'd say to "make clean" or some harsher (distclean etc).
Build systems record the (auto-generated) dependencies (in the .d
files, for example), with absolute pathnames, so if
1/ you move your source tree, the build system will consider wrong paths
2/ your "system" headers change, same happens.
So, you need to get rid of those .d files,
and also generated Makefiles & everything generated by previous
On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Gabor Z. Papp <gzp@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> lo lo,
> I'm trying to compile sawfish 1.9.0 from source, and getting the
> following error:
> make: *** No rule to make target `/x.o', needed by `x.lo'. Stop.
> The problem started when I reinstalled my X, and changed the X prefix
> from /x to /x.org
> Same problem exist with sawfish 1.7 and 1.8.
> I think, the problem is around libtool. Of course reinstalled libtool
> too, but I can't resolve the problem, except with renaming x.c xraw.c,
> but that generates new problems later.
> So, could someone reveiw this problem - and rename x.c?
> Sawfish ML