|Re: [Sawfish] How do you change the window manager on xfce?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] How do you change the window manager on xfce?
- From: Allan Duncan <amd2345@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 23:44:10 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=fastmail.com.au; h=message-id:date:from:mime-version:to:subject:references :in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; s=mesmtp; bh=fRaBHBQXGktQ7SsJzEgv4ZYeslA=; b=iqA+LlutG0aPIT41blJqWdu9CIYq 9uNtO39iS5RsWSUqiWIugxKtjBgBd1tMvEA7BRRxpRbk+3yjOz52AiqwUrunomFD OsWBa6QS3pBMGVaaUUmos6zYanRaYjDMYngs5HTeCrRO4waEjErrS5K2kNhsLRA3 DsZV75cO+cZ/Yio=
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= messagingengine.com; h=message-id:date:from:mime-version:to :subject:references:in-reply-to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; s=smtpout; bh=fRaBHBQXGktQ7SsJzEgv4Z YeslA=; b=t9/p6GuKtYX91LCStAb4P7wSc5TjN9VkiKFb2Zrwt0mWU1gBVNfgrp O7oBrIMXS/NKf/XHkzejtYf+ctK4DVYMLeoNkgjz1D2uLTobX++8ob5IuNhvygym E0O3E07eUCGISC7FiGdaY4KwpYwrWOm2g65uP21v7AYGne9lqzqEk=
On 17/07/12 03:49, Robert 'Bobby' Zenz wrote:
The only two ways I found so far to change the default xfce window
manager, is to either set "sawfish --replace" into the startup
applications, or write your own .xinitrc file. Something along the lines
That will prevent the default wm to spawn. See the wiki for some
further details on launching sawfish that way.
Well, another way could be replace the xfce4-wm executable with a link
to sawfish...though, I know better way to wrack a system.
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 00:33:52 +1000
Allan Duncan <amd2345@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fedora 17 I'd like to switch from xfce4's xfwm4 to sawfish, but I
can't find any setting that will do that.
Has xfce done a gnome and embedded the wm?
Thanks. It looks like it has gone in the gnome direction, and fudges
are the only way.