Re: [Sawfish] hide when mapped

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 17:28:13 -0700,
dmg <dmg@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can you describe a bit better what you mean by hiding?
> will iconizing it be ok? or placing the corner exactly at the right
> bottom corner of the display.

I was somehow thinking on hide-window. Without really knowing how it
works, I'm assuming that it simply makes the window to hide (somewhere)
without iconizing it.

My border case application is conky. Its window is somehow self
managed. iconify-window does not work on it, but hide/show-window
do. Not perfectly though, because I cannot seem to be able to control
its stickiness to every workspace. As soon as I switch to a different
workspace conky disappears and I need to show-window again.

Even though iconify-window does not work on this specific window, I
have tried now 'Iconified' on windows' rules and this makes the window
not to appear after login (conky in startup apps), which is
indeed a good solution to my original posting.

Rodrigo