|Re: [Sawfish] which desktop environment?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] which desktop environment?
- From: Darth Emacs <darthemacs@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:03:32 -0700
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of darthemacs@xxxxxxxxx designates 10.182.15.5 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=darthemacs@xxxxxxxxx; dkim=pass header.i=darthemacs@xxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=L7i4hxy/W6jiiKn5373NP7LZm/zVmBqAqv5sszKI8xQ=; b=TW+oD3v8wjvS5sRpbwEfO9I74wmbAIL1AVrcQkSlXfhErsYOFNHfwt6aN5tIBcfHzb 8DSIBwgyPLTa9/+2llSqC1PzQIcDAUXTlyTUnmXERp9hCiiUGI/NEDB0kjZtV8mTO6hI ha26MFzkN6ZIIcItgwJdjDtC7OzFh6jeZbMUc=
I've been using KDE 4.7.4 since December on a debian wheezy system. It runs great. The standard KDE for wheezy is 4.6.5 but the link below will take you to debian experimental and show you how to upgrade to 4.7.4:
I really like my new KDE 4.7.4 system. I have gnome3 minimal in the background to run the gnome programs that I kept.
On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 7:02 AM, Vegard Vesterheim <vegard.vesterheim@xxxxxxxxxx>
I have tried various configurations through the years. I have found that
On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 16:33:01 -0500 Rodrigo Amestica <ramestica@xxxxxxxxxxx
> But I still wonder, what's the favorite desktop environment of choice?
the choice of desktop environment doesn't matter much to me. Nowadays I
mostly end up with running "killall metacity; sawfish&" as part of my
GNOME2 session startup.
My desktop experience wouldn't change much if I decided to skip GNOME
and just use sawfish as my entire session. Granted, there are some
features in "modern desktops" which are nice to have, but for me, these
are not essential. I cannot, however, imagine using a desktop without a
flexible and configurable window manager like sawfish.
- Vegard V -