|[Sawfish] [ANNOUNCE] Sawfish 1.8.90|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
it's time to present you the first beta of 1.9.0:
Sawfish 1.8.90 "Beats Of Life"
1.8.90 "Beats Of Life"
* Updated or New dependencies
- librep 0.92.0 -> 0.92.1
- rep-gtk 0.90.4 -> 0.90.7
* Bug Fixes
- When cursor-warping was enabled and user switched to a shaded
window, the cursor warped to the position of the unshaded
window. This is fixed now. [Christopher Bratusek]
- When switching between tabbed themes from SawfishConfig, it
could happens that there were `gaps' in the frame. This is
fixed now. [Christopher Bratusek]
- In SawfishConfig one could only grab key-bindings, but not
mouse- or mixed mouse-key-bindings. This is fixed now. (Move
mouse 20 pixels to grab a `Move' event). [Christopher
- SawfishConfig became useless when Sawfish restarted. This is
now worked-around by simply restarting SawfishConfig when
Sawfish does. A new `before-restart-hook' has been added for
this purpose. [Christopher Bratusek]
- In EdgeActions `HotSpot', `HotMove' and `EdgeFlip', it was
possible to trigger the same event multiple times at a time.
This is fixed now. [Jeremy Hankins]
* EdgeAction changes [Christopher Bratusek]
- New EdgeActions:
x `HotMove'. Calls an EdgeAction when dragging a window
over the edge.
x `Tile'. Simple tiling EdgeAction (can also be used
stand-alone). Original code by Mark Triggs.
- `before-edge-action-hook' and `after-edge-action-hook'. While
`enter-flipper-hook' and `leave-flipper-hook' simply respond
to the mouse entering or leaving the flipper-window, the new
hooks respond only when an EdgeAction was invoked. The two
hooks pass the invoked EdgeAction, activated edge and a
boolean `while-moving' value to the child-function (in that
- Simplified, more robust EdgeFlip (flip-viewport and
flip-workspace are now split).
- Improved logic of blocking an action while another is already
running. On one hand, see `Bug Fixes' above, on the other
hand it's now ensured that we dont' activate an edge twice
when dragging a window over it or when the pointer hits the
edge via mouse-trapping.
- Updated EdgeAction documentation
* SawfishConfig changes [Christopher Bratusek]
- Updated and Improved widgets in SawfishConfig:
x `file'. The file(-chooser) widget now uses
GtkFileChooserButton in favour of the ancient
GtkFileSelectionDialog. The GtkEntry and GtkVBox used as
helpers became useless and are removed.
x `font'. The font(-chooser) widget now uses
GtkFontChooserButton in favour of the ancient
GtkFontSelectionDialog. The GtkEntry used as helper
became useless and is removed.
x `choice', `symbol', `keymap', `frame-style'. Those
widgets now use GtkComboBoxText in favour of ancient
x `scheme-boolean'. This widget is now properly
Old: two checkboxes. First for activating setting,
second for choosing yes or no. New: only one checkbox,
yes or no as usual, shows minus when unset.
- New widgets in SawfishConfig:
x `range'. The range widget represents an integer with a
given range. Basically it uses a GtkScale instead of a
GtkSpinButton, which results in a better user-experience
for those values.
x `image'. The image widget contains a preview and
image-selector. The file-browser openend is setup to
display previews, too. Original code by Lucas Pandolfo.
- Removed widgets in SawfishConfig:
x `program'. Just an alias to `file'.
x All `gtk-only' widgets. Since Sawfish 1.5.0 those have
been dummies, we don't use `libgnome', `libgnomeui' or
`libgnomecanvas' anymore anyway.
- New buttons. SawfishConfig now offers buttons to access Wiki,
Help, ResourceFile and About. Additionally there's now a
file-chooser for installing themes from `*.tar.*' files.
- Widgets that depend on an disabled setting are now hidden
instead of greyed-out.
- Merged sawfish.cfg.widgets into sawfish.gtk.widgets. Old
widgets aren't loaded anymore, even if present from an old
- All defcustoms do now have a property to change the position
of the label. To change it, append on of the following to
the doc-string: \\left \\right \\top \\bottom.
(defcustom test-var 'eclipse
"This is just a test with label on top. \\top"
:type (choice eclipse crosshair none)
Of course that only works, if the label is a GtkLabel widget
on it's own.
* Theme/Theming changes [Christopher Bratusek]
- New themes:
- Improved themes:
x Gradient has been replaced by Gradient-tabbed.
- Removed themes [still available from Wiki]:
- New theme-related configuration-options [theme independent]:
x Added an option to control the titlebar text position.
If a theme draws something additional in the titlebar
(eg. StyleTab draws an icon), refer to the functions
x Added an option to control the cursor-shape when
x Added an option to change the font, depending on the
- Majorly improved the grouping of options in StyleTab.
- Moved definitons for `previous-workspace-button' and
`next-workspace-button' from StyleTab into Sawfish.
* New Features
- Added `single-window-mode'. Basically this feature is known
from OS-X, though it's implemented in a more strict way. The
`single-window-mode' window should get all of the users
This is ensured by auto-iconifying any up-popping window,
which is not in the same group. To additionally not annoy the
user this is done without animation. Avoided or ignored
windows are lowered. When `single-window-mode' is quit, the
Also `single-window-mode' hooks into unmap-notify-hook to
check whether the user wants to stop `single-window-mode' (by
either closing or iconifying the window). Besides each
workspace can hold it's own `single-window-mode'.
- Added `mouse-trap' feature. It provides a method for moving
the mouse to any place of the screen by zooming with just a
few keystrokes. The mouse is warped to the center of the
screen screen and a outline is drawn dividing the screen in 4
squares (like trapping the mouse on it). [Fernando Carmano
Varo] [Christopher Bratusek]
- Integrated settings for selecting wallpaper using an external
command (eg: hsetroot). Applying settings to GNOME2 or XFCE4
is also supported. Original code by Lucas Pandolfo.
* Miscellaneous Changes
- Improved desktop-integration modules [Christopher Bratusek]
x KDE integration: added entries for user-switch,
hibernate, suspend, lock-screen, menu-editor.
x XFCE integration: added entries for hibernate, suspend,
x GNOME integration: added entry for lock-screen,
x The fallback poweroff-menu now uses SSD
`Sawfish-Session-Dialog', a companion to Sawfish, by
default. Support for logout and lockdown has been added.