|[Sawfish] Proxy support (WIP)|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [Sawfish] Proxy support (WIP)
- From: Lucas Pandolfo <lucashpandolfo@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 20:55:31 -0300
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=vFD0AujBXAQ7FV4VxD3jO6P10S7bAtFpQQuXQRL+np4=; b=sV6GJ70AmcFzud+wp23qZya0YQMXiUtqytk014SIX51ZtY8lVy0upFfyZocCrJiVtl wlbBXcQ0pNBKcFbg82BUm3Xwa+J0xqJl3s5rzRE7p4eMBWw8Xcw2h751LEkP0pUxBfzq F2mJWbzlNokCEIp5uM3oH6UkJHH0MOtaCMuV4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=ETVviF+kLpX829iZrBy3jPBkJlVZnOzCxvwz9I5ly2sVGafLNFCqx/BFme+Gs0jO/2 E/XH0v+7XJ2qAUaAbU9/jUCXLpn7jp78fOxHCbZZqB3UMIz8sqaQri+WWh2MFJedJvC4 u6e4W7K/B/ZKEOmsm0Kvkkffd3DTr/D3+7Ry4=
Hi. I'm working in a proxy extension (attached). I'd like to hear opinions.
The extension just changes the "*_proxy" environment variables, so any program launched from sawfish applications menu would inherit them.
The tricky part is changing the environment of the panel (fbpanel in my case) so applications launched by it would be aware of the proxy.
I don't like the way i'm doing it but it works (as long as gdb is installed). It should work with other panels such as tint2 or pypanel.
Description: Binary data