Re: [Sawfish] stacking order in a workspace

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 08:46:02 -0400, D M German wrote:
> The stack order of my windows is not kept when I switched from
> one workspace to another.
> [...]
> Is this an option, a feature or a bug?

I think sawfish is careless here. If I understand it correctly there's
only one, global stacking order list. Obviously it's not ideal; why
not each list for each VP (= viewport) and WS (= workspace)?

My script "viewport save pointer & focus" on the wiki [1] may interest
you.  It's only for VP, not WS, but it saves the mouse pointer
position and the focused window.

[1]: http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Viewport_save_pointer_%26_focus

# Event handling has some nicety which affects set-focus, but I'd rather
# not explain it now. Busy...

Teika (Teika kazura)

---