Re: [qet] QET translations

Dear Evgeny,

Its really nice to know about your interest to translate the documentation. To begin with make sure git is installed in your system. If not installed use

a) sudo apt-get install git  (for debian, ubuntu)
b) sudo yum -y install git (fedora)

After you have installed git do the following --

1. Create a suitable directory into which the present english documentation will be stored. Lets say `newdirectory'
2. In bash shell --- cd newdirectory
3. git clone git://git.tuxfamily.org/gitroot/qet/documentation.git
You will now have the complete documentation in your `newdirectory'.

Then, locate the file "QET.po" in  "source/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/QET.po"

Install poedit software to facilitate translation of the QET.po file

a) sudo apt-get install poedit (for debian, ubuntu)
b) sudo yum -y install poedit (fedora)

use poedit software to open the file QET.po -  "source/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/QET.po"

Begin translation of the file and get going and save changes.

You may view the present english documentation file --- build/html/QET.html

Once you are comfortable with the translations part write to me for the next stage of committing (uploading) your translations.

Nice to work with you,

Wishes/ regards,

Arun / QET Documentation.