Re: [proaudio] xruns with jack-audio-connection-kit-1.9.9.5

On 30/01/13 17:11, Wayne wrote:
Il giorno mer, 30/01/2013 alle 13.09 +0100, Sebastian Rose ha scritto:
Hello all,

since upgrading from 1.9.8 to 1.9.9.5 I'm getting constant xruns with
jack while doing nothing. I didn't change anything else and reverting to
1.9.8 fixes the problem. I'm running a firewire interface with libffado.
Anyone experienced similar problems?

best,
semkath

here i am running JACK 1.9.9.5 with libffado-2.1.0 and no constant
xruns, same as previous JACK.  are you sure that the CPU freq. scaling
is set to "performance/max", i.e. not "on demand"?  when i forget to do
that i get similar behavior.  on my system "cpufreq-info" from the
"cpufrequtils" package returns the current CPU scaling settings.

Doesn't matter if I have cpufreq set to "ondemand" or "performance", 1.9.9.5 produces constant xruns. Everything else was taken care of: IRQ priorities, realtime permission with cgroups and all that jazz. Maybe it's a bug within jack.