[proaudio] seq24 & jackd (or midi in general)

the last days I tried to connect SEQ24 and Zynaddsubfx via jackd
(1.9.8)/qjackcontrol (0.3.8). It fails.
First thing is: I cannot see anything seq24-like in qjackctrl.
I additionally run hydrogen.
When pressing the playu-button in seq24, hydrogen starts playing
its demo.
But Zynnaddsubfx only please "The Sound of Silence" ;/

Regardless what kind of midi connection I did: No sound.
Using the virtual keyboard of Zynaddsubfx works find...so
the audio connection is alive.

What kind of magic I need to get this working?

Best regards,
mcc

..