Re: [proaudio] jack and no audio

Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxx> [12-02-04 08:20]:
> Le Sat, 4 Feb 2012 06:45:59 +0100,
> meino.cramer@xxxxxx a écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > this is my first post to this list.
> >
> > I have installed the pro-audio overlay and I am using layman.
> >
> > Installed are rosegarden, zynaddsubfx, jack/audio/connection-kit
> > (jackdbus), patchage
> >
> > If I start patchage, zynaddsubfx, rosegarden and connect them to each
> > other and to system.playback everything works fine:
> > What is played with rosegarden reaches zynaddsubfx: The bottom sliders
> > of zynaddsubfx are moving.
> >
> > But there is no sound.
>
> You can configure jack with qjackctl.
>

> > Using Zynaddsubfx with -A (ignore jack, use alsa) produces sound. So
> > alsa seems to be working fine. Same goes for mplayer when not using
> > -ao jack.
> >
> > May be jack is choosing the wrong audio hardware for the output?
> > But how can I convince it to use the one of my motherboard and not
> > the other ones?
> >
> > The systems /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf looks likei:
>
> You should write your own alsa.conf file:
> http://alsa.opensrc.org/MultipleCards
>
> Most important are the snd cards_limit and index options. They will
> let you define the number of cards and their order.
>
> Ciao,
> Dominique
>
> --
> "We have the heroes we deserve."

Hi Dominique,

thank you for your reply and the link :)

I configured jack with patchage. Since it is jackdbus (not jackd) it
is - as to my knowledge - not compatible with qjackctl any more...

I will see, how to disable the not wanted audio chips to only use the
one on the motherboard.

Later I will post again, whether I had success or not...fingers
crossed ;)

Best regards,
mcc