Re: [proaudio] Proaudio Wiki Spam

On Di, 31.05.11 11:35 Gavin Pryke <gavinlee303@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Looking at the wiki for the proaudio project there seems to be
> constant stream of spammers creating accounts and posting links to
> seemingly unrelated and maybe questionable content.
> I know when the site went down a while ago keenblade did some much
> needed administration and brought the site back up cleaned it up a
> lot (thanks!!) but this seems to be a recurring problem on there.
> Can something be done to stop these annoying people polluting the
> much loved wiki?
>
> Best Regards
> Gav

Hi Gavin,

thanks for reporting! Darn, tons of useless pages.. I hate those
spambots.

Keenblade, LocalSettings.php is owned by you.

Could you please chmod 660 it? It's owned by proaudio group then, which
is OK, just "others" should not be able to see it.

I was about to install
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:DeleteBatch

We should set the permission to create new pages for bureaucrats only,
and post a notice about it somehwere. If one wants to create new pages,
one needs to ask for it to be created. Spambots don't ask.

Cheers,
Tom