[proaudio] rt-sources and nouveau

I have a laptop that I was successfully using the nouveau drivers for, but the gentoo wiki says I need kernel 2.6.34 or higher, while the realtime kernel is still at 2.6.33. Is there any reason to believe the realtime kernel will be bumped up to 2.6.34 sometime soon? Or should I just use the nvidia drivers. I'm sure I'm not the only one to encounter this.

I've been rebuilding the machine (deleted /bin by accident--ouch!) and after emerging rt-souces X won't start, complaining not only about DRI but not finding the keyboard, mouse as well.