From: Arnold Krille <arnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ffado-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FFADO-user] no mixer on SVN version
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 13:14:03 +0200

On Tuesday 26 October 2010 10:51:01 Allan Klinbail wrote:
> allan@daw32p ~ $ ffado-mixer
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ffado/ffadowindow.py", line
> 121, in tryStartDBUSServer
>     subprocess.Popen(['ffado-dbus-server', '-v3']).pid
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 623, in __init__
>     errread, errwrite)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1139, in _execute_child
>     raise child_exception
> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
>

> It's no big deal,

It kind of is. It means that your (custom?) installation has the ffado-mixer
but not the ffado-dbus-server. Most probably because the development-packages
for the dbus-stuff are missing so the C/C++ stuff of the server can't be
compiled, but the python packages for dbus are there.

If that didn't happen before, it might be because we dropped the internal
libdbus++ and rely on the distributions packages...

Have fun,

Arnold