Re: [proaudio] IRC channel

Le Fri, 22 Oct 2010 00:22:47 +0400,
Viktor Lazarev <taurus101v@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hi list,
>
> on the http://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.php?title=IRC written:
> "Join our IRC channel #proaudio-overlay
>
>     * server: irc.freenode.net
>     * channel: #proaudio-overlay "
>
> but founder of the channel is freenode-staff, it mean the channel is orphaned.
> I think it would be good to register the channel to someone from the Powers.
>
> One staff from freenode tell me:
> Okay, yourself, or someone who can demonstrate their involvement in
> the project will need to file a Group Registration in order to
> establish a claim on the channel.
> http://freenode.net/group_registration.shtml and
> http://blog.freenode.net/2010/06/group-registration-form-verifications/
> explain the process. the blog post is particularly important in this
> case as there is a special proceedure for dealing with registrations
> for orphaned channels, such as yours"
>
> What do you think?

It can be a good meeting place for the proaudio (gentoo) folks. I also think
that the subject of this channel must be large enough so that peoples are free
to talk about anything. Well, it is no subject for now, but it would be great
to have some introduction with a link to the overlay.

By large enough I mean that it is enough for me if peoples do respect each
other.

I also mean than it must not be limited to discussion about making the
overlay but must include all subjects related to sound, audio and music. And
this is much to say about all this.

Ciao,

If this message is send to an email list, please make sure to answer onto the
list, or you will be ignored.

"We have the heroes we deserve."