[proaudio] rtirq not working & SMP strangeness

I've tried everything I can think of to get rtirq working, but 'ps
-Leo rtprio,cmd' still shows all of my IRQ's have a priority of 50.
Does anyone know how I might be able to troubleshoot it?  I get a
"stopping" message when restarting /etc/init.d/rtirq but no "starting"
message.

I disabled SMP during the course of trying to get rtirq working, and I
noticed that there are 3 fewer processes running with 99 priority with
SMP disabled.  -p64 is actually listenable with SMP disabled, although
I still get xruns and cpugraphs.  With SMP enabled, -p64 and -p128 are
both unlistenable.  Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

- Grant