[proaudio] Ardour behind

Hello,

I was wondering why the non-svn ebuilds (i.e. not 2.999 or 3.9999) are
at version 2.7.1 even though there have been several official releases
since then. Does everyone use the live ebuilds? I tried using the
2.999 ebuild for awhile, but the code in svn can be flaky and crashes
often. I had to revert to the 2.7.1 ebuild, which is much more
crash-resistant, but has several known issues that have been fixed in
later versions. Particularly, users of midi surfaces can end up
destroying data with versions prior to 2.8.5:
http://ardour.org/node/3292

Is it hard to update the ebuild to 2.8.7, or is there another good
reason to stay at 2.7.1? I'd happily help with the update.

Thanks,
-- Alex