[proaudio] ffado progress?

Hello,
I am trying to install kdebase 4.3 and libffado from the proaudio
overlay is getting in my way. The ebuild is failing due to a call of
'rm -f /usr/bin/ffadomixer' which isn't allowed within sandbox. There
is already a bug filed about this issue here:
http://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/bugs/view.php?id=58
and a bug filed with the main gentoo bugtracker that discusses why
it's not their problem:
http://bugs.gentoo.org/277074

This seems like a simple enough issue to fix (don't do the rm -f) and
is especially maddening since this is my first libffado install and I
don't even *have* /usr/bin/ffadomixer to begin with. Is there any
progress on fixing this issue? Is it more complex than it seems? I'm
going to try my hand at removing the offending line from the ebuild
locally, but I expect a lot of users will eventually run into this bug
and it would be nice to fix it in the overlay.

Thanks,
-- Alex