Re: [proaudio] midi use flag and alsa-libs

Le Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:43:38 +0200,
Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Le Mon, 3 Aug 2009 19:00:28 -0500,
> Matt Henley <nwmatt@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> > As mentioned above, I modified the ebuild for ardour 2.9999 to remove the
> > reference to the midi requirement under ardour and it seems to work fine
> > athough I had to manually load the snd-seq-midi kernel module.
>
> You can configure it with /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf
> I usually write a complete alsa.conf file. This make /etc/init.d/alsasound to
> know exactly what it must do, even in the case of kernel or system changes
> like this one. See ALSA-configuration.txt into the kernel sources.

alsasound is a udev wrapper for alsa. As udev is starting before alsasound, it
can append sometime that the module order will be wrong.
Restarting /etc/init.d/alsasound will give you the wanted order.

One typical case is with usb sound cards. They will be loaded beginning with
sound card 0 by udev, and alsasound will load the other sound cards after the
usb ones.

To prevent this, the simplest way is to blacklist the ALSA module loaded by udev
into /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf. They will be loaded only by alsasound and
in the defined order.

--
If this message is send to an email list, please make sure to answer onto the
list, or you will be ignored.

"We have the heroes we deserve."