Re: [proaudio] rivedell-1.5.1-r1-ebuild submission

Le Fri, 21 Aug 2009 21:08:48 -0500,
Emery Hemingway <emery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Rivendell requires qt to built with mysql support so I put that in the
> dependencies and bumped the EAPI up accordingly.
>
> Is than any way to expedite getting this stuff in the tree?

Fill a bug report on gentoo bugzilla.

> The developers
> are very good at correcting bugs and I would like the ebuild to keep up.

They will take it only if one of them is interested by this program and have
the time to maintain it.

It is now in the overlay only because I took the time to test the ebuild and to
commit it.
It was working for me, and I guess that it work for you, so I left both ~x86
and ~amd64 keywords.

When reviewing this ebuild, I see that, configure output a message about an
optional OggVorbis support. But the ebuild doesn't have an use flag for that.
Even the configure script from the tarball doesn't have an option for that. That
imply that, if the dependency are found, the ogg feature will be compiled.

From a gentoo dev perspective, it will have to patch (at least) the configure
script in order to add an ogg option, and to add an ogg use flag into the
ebuild.

I didn't have the time to do that for now. And will not promise you anything
because I don't know if or when I can get some time to do that. But if you add
this ogg option into configure, it will be very trivial to add the use flag
into the ebuild.

Another problem is than 2 potential use flags don't exist into the ebuild:

../configure --help
  --disable-hpi           disable AudioScience HPI sound support
  --disable-gpio          disable General Purpose Input/Output GPIO support

For the first one, an use flag can be used to setup econf and to resolve the
dependency to the audioscience hpi driver. This will imply one more ebuild (with
fetch restriction into it).

For the second one, I don't even know what this is about, and don't have the
time to look at it.

Regards,
If this message is send to an email list, please make sure to answer onto the
list, or you will be ignored.

"We have the heroes we deserve."