Re: [proaudio] jackmixdesk-0.3-r1 Release

2009/6/5 Ulrich Lorenz Schlüter <audio-mobster@xxxxxx>:
> Sorry if I'm double posting maybe I'm a bit impatient but my first mail
> seem to have disappeared.
>
> I removed some bugs that came up till now and released
> version 0.3 of JackMixDesk formerly known as jackminimix.
>
> Get it from http://sourceforge.net/projects/jackmixdesk/
>
> Jackmixdesk is a client/server mixer application with a user defined number
> of channels, pre and post fader sends. It has LASH support an OSC control
> interface and a XML config file. There is also a gui made with GTK+. It uses
> less resources than it's ancestor jackminimix.
>
> I'll soon start further development.
>
> Regards and please report me something
>
> Uli
>
> PS Could someone from the proaudio list please make an ebuild? Thanks!

Ulrich,
I'm giving this a test with a full orchestra template, and it seems,
so far so good.
A couple of questions.

When i add a pre-send, the same send shows up for all channels. That's
ok, and as i practise with this further, i'm getting the hang of it.
However if i want to assign pre-sends to particular channels only, i
can't, although i can simply kill the gain on the unwanted ones. Is
there currently a method of assigning sends by defined channel only?
I'd like to try this, but having every send visible on every channel,
makes for a large interface, and lots of scrolling. (80 channels, to
give an indication, and 22 sends so far)

In Qjackctl, i can rename the channels with aliases to management the
large number of them effectively, and see where i am. Do you haved
plans to enable the user to define channel names in the GTK frontend?
I would find the addition of this feature highly useful.

My thanks and appreciation to you for this app. For quick drafting,
it's useful, and doesn't chew many cpu cycles at all, saving the
resource for something else.

Alex.
--
www.openoctave.org