Re: [proaudio] Rivendell package submission request

Le Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:37:21 -0500,
Emery Hemingway <emery@xxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> I wrote up a little guide to the ebuild
> http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/index.php/Install_under_Gentoo#Installation
> It should cover the basic mysql setup.

I added the troubleshooting section it was a few days ago.

> My version 1.2.2 has definite problems but I feel they've been corrected in
> 1.3.0. 1.3.0 hasn't been reviewed and put in the sunrise overlay yet so you'd
> have to get it and the patches here;
> http://werenotkillers.com/rivendell/

I will try it and add the ebuild into the overlay so soon I get some time to
test the 1.3.0 version of your program.

> To clarify why I think rivendell should be in proaudio, I don't think it
> should be in the main tree because of its specialty and therefore I don't
> think it should be in sunrise.

We all have specific software needs. So, I think that some users will use
it.

> Additionaly I think that users of this package
> would benefit from the other packages found in proaudio. I don't foresee
> anyone else working on this ebuild other than me in the near future but I
> think people would be more comfortable syncing from an overlay than pulling
> files off of a backwater webserver from a wiki link.

You forget to mention that it look like to be a very good program.

Rivendell seam to be versatile. It must be possible to use it localy into
a shop in order to program the shop's ambiance music.

Ciao,