[proaudio] RT-kernel versus zen kernel and other realtime issues

Hi All

I've currently got the zen-sources 2.6.25 rc(not sure which rc version) with it's settings as low-latency desktop and pre-emptible RCU.

I can't really see any performance differences between that and the RT kernel.. I'm using pam for the RT priority settings.

Has anyone got arguments for one over the other.

One thing I've noticed with all kernels I've used that the "RT" display on qjackctl is not persistently showing and MusE (although not accessing any MIDI devices so unusable) is stating that it doesn't have realtime access.. or is that just me doing something wrong?

cheers

Allan