Re: [proaudio] Fw: Re: Subscription probs & rt-sources

>> A. We should maybe remove the rt-sources-2.6.25.8-r7 ebuild.  It would
>> appear that Ingo Molnar (the rt kernel maintainer) has moved all of the
>> 2.6.25.x rt patches to the "older" directory and has not replaced then with
>> a newer version (http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/).  This
>> has broken the ebuild its self, because it fails to download the patch.  I
>> would say to fix it, but I can't even get the thing to compile and an
>> "alexMK" from the #lad/#ardour irc claims that he did tests and had lower
>> latencies with the unpatched 2.6.25-x kernel than the RT one.  This is the
>> errors I got attempting to compile 2.6.25.8-rt7 (after fixing the download
>> URL in the ebuild):
>>
>>      CC      kernel/sched.o
>>    kernel/sched.c: In function 'sched_init':
>>    kernel/sched.c:7702: error: implicit declaration of function
>>    'global_rt_runtime'
>>    make[1]: *** [kernel/sched.o] Error 1
>>    make: *** [kernel] Error 2
>>
> hav a look at this thread
>

> quote from http://www.nabble.com/2.6.25.8-rt7-td18081945.html
> I can avoid this failure, when I disable the "Group scheduling for
> SCHED_RR/FIFO" menu entry. Don't know the impact.
> /qoute

I installed it when the ebuild was first made, and it works fine for
me, getting latency close to 1ms, so with this little change it should
work fine.

That said, ketchup is reporting that the latest rt kernel is
2.6.26-rt1, so maybe a new ebuild should be made for that?