Re: [proaudio] jack compilation error again

Arve Barsnes wrote:
> For jack-audio-connection-kit-9999
>
> ./.libs/libjackserver.so: undefined reference to `dbus_error_init'
> ./.libs/libjackserver.so: undefined reference to `dbus_error_is_set'
> ./.libs/libjackserver.so: undefined reference to `dbus_connection_send'
> ./.libs/libjackserver.so: undefined reference to `dbus_connection_flush'
> ./.libs/libjackserver.so: undefined reference to `dbus_message_unref'
> ./.libs/libjackserver.so: undefined reference to `dbus_bus_get'
> ./.libs/libjackserver.so: undefined reference to `dbus_error_free'
> ./.libs/libjackserver.so: undefined reference to `dbus_message_new_method_call'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This is a linker error -- it seems that the library is not known by the linker
pls post also relevant messsages prior to this error

does
strings /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so|grep dbus_error_init
reveal someting?

> I tried rebuilding dbus, with no change, so I have no idea what could
> be wrong here.
>
> I see that jack 0.109 was released 2008, but I can't find any
> changelog in svn that details anything newer than 2005 changes. Is
> there not much development on jack1 anymore? Should I try harder to
> get jackdmp working?

thats not posssible the latest log entry is from 2008-07-25.
But dbus is just a patch and not yet merged into.

Greetz Frieder