Re: [proaudio] jackdmp and ardour (CVS) on GCC 4.3.1 continued

I had to add gtkmm (~amd64) to my package.keywords and add the accessibility flag.. but ardour 2.4.1 has now compiled....

I'm doing this all remotely so it will be a couple of hours before I am home and can test it.

On Fri Jun 27 18:18 , "sonofzev@xxxxxxxxxxxx" sent:

I have to say I've been a bit lazy and don't have package specific USE flags for ardour and have dumped most things in make.conf (I know I really should break this down to package specific)

My CFLAGS are very simple

CFLAGS="-march=core2 -O2 -pipe"

Any suggestions for improvement would be appreciated.

Also, how do I tell which version I am building, (from portage or from the overlay)... I always thought the overlay would simply take precedence???

Here is my complete set of USE flags from make.conf

USE="jackdmp mmx sse sse2 sse3 ssse3 flac libsamplerate soundtouch ladspa -vst sndfile jack-tmpfs fftw jackmidi threads jack acpi alsa branding cairo cdr dbus dvd dvdr dvdread eds emboss encode esd evo fam firefox gif -gnome gpm gstreamer gtk hal jpeg -kde kerberos -ldap libnotify mad mikmod mp3 mpeg ogg opengl pdf png ppds qt3 qt3support qt4 quicktime sdl spell svg tiff truetype vorbis win32codecs unicode X xml xv sse -msse2 adplug tta wma midi cdda id3tag sountouch twolame vamp cpudetection netjack fluidsynth dssi lv2 fat hfs ntfs reiser4 reiserfs xfs xinerama"

I've added "media-sound/ardour sys-libs" to package.use and kicked it off.. I'll let you know what happens.

cheers

On Fri Jun 27 18:03 , Thomas Kuther sent:

On Fr, 27.06.08 15:48 "sonofzev@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <sonofzev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Thanks
>
> Just rebuilt jackdmp and watched the output. It's working fine..
> (installing to the right directory, so I'll undo my hack changes
> to /usr/local)
>
> Ardour CVS builds fine after updating to a newer version of libtool.
>
> I still can't build Ardour 2.4.1 (which is preferable for production
> workso I stuff doesn't break if I am using it in Ubuntu Studio on the
> same files and also as it will undoubtedly be more stable. Of course
> I am still keen on testing ardour3.)
>
> I get an scons error as listed below on buidling ardour 2.4.1.
>
> ------------------------------------snip-------------
> libs/sigc++2/sigc++/signal.h:166: error: changes meaning of
> âslot_listâ from âstruct sigc::slot_list
> T_arg2, T_arg3, T_arg4, T_arg5, T_arg6, T_arg7> >â scons: ***
> [libs/sigc++2/sigc++/connection.os] Error 1 scons: building
> terminated because of errors. *
> * ERROR: media-sound/ardour-2.4.1 failed.

Are you using the version from the pro-audio overlay? If so, please
show us your useflags for ardour (sys-libs and custom-cflags are
interesting here).

I think you have -sys-libs in USE for ardour. If so, try enabling it,
please.

)