Re: [proaudio] FYI- [Fwd]: 2.6.24.7-rt7 - Big performance improvement

> It is not the first time I see reference about the broken out patches, but I
> am totally ignorant here. Can someone explain me what they are?

I wondered this myself a few days ago, so I did a search on it. The way I
understood it is that the "realtime patch" is several smaller patches put
together into one. The "broken out" file has all these smaller patches
separated so you can apply the ones you want instead of having to patch
your kernel with the whole thing.