Re: [proaudio] PulseAudio Howto

Le Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:44:17 +0100,
Goran Mekić <meka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:12:16 +0100
> Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I done a little PulseAudio howto on the wiki:
> > http://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.php?title=PulseAudio
> >
> > Any comment will be appreciated. You can reply to this mail or use the
> > discussion page on the wiki.
> >
> > You can also complete the article with more examples or information.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Dominique
> >

> 	Few things are missing. First, requirements (packages,

I will not reinvent the wheel. Portage install the required packages as
needed. Non gentoo users will be on their own, sorry. I added a warning about
this into the DAW article.

At the same time, I don't want to forbid anyone to do so if he/she is feeling
that this is needed.

> for start,

I don't understand what you mean here.

> and
> minimal computer configuration, if possible - it depends on what you want, i
> guess).

I have no idea. I guess that it depend on what you want and the box you can
afford. PA use a lot of processor power, so stable low latency setup are
impossible in my box (P4@2.4gHz). It is a direct relation between PA processor
use and latency. It double when the latency is halved.

I added a few words and a TODO notice about this, as well as about some
client-server example.

--
Dominique Michel

Mes 3 projets préférés auxquels je contribue:
 * FVWM-Crystal, le bureau basé sur FVWM:
      http://fvwm-crystal.org
 * AlsaPlayer, le lecteur audio avec contrôle de vitesse en continu:
      www.alsaplayer.org
 * L'overlay pour la MAO sous gentoo:
      http://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page