Re: [proaudio] [929] Fixed external kernel modules build with rt-sources-2.6.23-r1

On Mi, 17.10.07 13:49 "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> After reflecting on this I suspect that the reason it worked for me is
> that I currently don't build any external modules anymore. I dropped
> the ATI drivers and everything else I use is part of the kernel these
> days.
>
> Or possibly because I'm AMD64 and somehow that's different.

It isn't. The issue is also on amd64

> Is there any reason for me to try the fixes you did or can I just
> take it easy?
>
> - Mark

You can ignore it then I guess. It's more like hacking the kernel to
work around bugs elsewhere (sandbox in this case)

But dominique is right, making the kernel depend on a ~arch masked
sandbox version is also not the right way..