Re: [proaudio] 2.6.21-rt9 - IRQ23 using CPU constantly / 2.6.18-rt7 didn't

Mark Knecht wrote:
On 6/9/07, Frieder Bürzele <evermind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mark Knecht wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Since upgrading to the 2.6.21-rt series kernel I've seen that IRQ 23
> is constantly using a small amount of the CPU. This is true in
> 2.6.21-rt9 (what's the '.3'?) and 2.6.21-rc5-r12.
.3 is just because Ingo's realtime-patch also ships the stable patch from
kernel.org

> Before I report this to the kernel mailing list I thought I'd ask here
> whether anyone else has seen anything like this? I haven't seen any
> discussions myself but I thought it didn't hurt to ask.

<snip>

OK, cool. (I think!) ;-)

Anyway, if no one has seen this or I don't have some response by
tomorrow, Sunday, then I'll ship the info of to LKML. I hope one
Sunday morning before I report it to have a chance to test the vanilla
kernel to ensure the regression isn't in the main kernel instead of
Ingo's patches.

Thanks all,
Mark

I saw this kind of 'problem' also on the 64studio-devel mailinglist
http://search.gmane.org/?query=IRQ+23&group=gmane.linux.distributions.64studio

Greetz Frieder