Re: [proaudio] 2.6.21-rt9 - IRQ23 using CPU constantly / 2.6.18-rt7 didn't

On 6/9/07, Thomas Kuther <gimpel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sa, 09.06.07 10:14 "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Since upgrading to the 2.6.21-rt series kernel I've seen that IRQ 23
> is constantly using a small amount of the CPU. This is true in
> 2.6.21-rt9 (what's the '.3'?) and 2.6.21-rc5-r12.
>
> Before I report this to the kernel mailing list I thought I'd ask here
> whether anyone else has seen anything like this? I haven't seen any
> discussions myself but I thought it didn't hurt to ask.
>
> [...]
>  23:    1739277   IO-APIC-fasteoi   ohci_hcd:usb2, eth0

Do you have high network IO?

I also have some trouble with my network device (VIA Rhine) but that
does not cause high CPU on the IRQ

I somehow just assume it's your network device.

Tom

Hi Tom,
  No, I don't think it's network traffic. The IRQ23 usage stayed high
even when I unplugged the Ethernet cable.

  Since the IRQ is shared between the NIC and USB2 I also unplugged
my printer but the usage stayed high.

  Keep in mind that when I booted back to 2.6.18-rt7 the CPU usage
went away. If it was purely network traffic I wouldn't have expected
that.

Thanks,
Mark