Re: [proaudio] Failed to emerge jost

oh that is strange. i've not written the ebuild myself, nor digested it.
maybe thomas knows something more about this !

On 6/20/07, Jean-Baptiste Mestelan <mestelan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 6/19/07, kRAkEn/gORe <kunitoki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>for 0.3.4, i've perfectly emerged it now (with downloading of the package). can
> you try now and see if it gives problems ?
> (maybe is my hosting service that was broken when u tried).

No, the problem remained when I tried tonight.
I finally got it working using the elementary ebuild commands (cf. man ebuild).
But I would be glad if someone can explain why  the initial
$(jost-0.3.4.ebuild compile) failed
whereas the sequence digest|manifest|unpack|compile succeeded ?
If I understand correctly, $(ebuild file compile) is supposed to
invoke all preceding steps anyway ?
(Also, it is not clear why $(ebuild jost-0.3.4.ebuild digest) returned
0.2.3 version number in :
>>>  digest.assumed                 1
   digest-jost-0.2.3::jost_src-v0.2.3.tar.bz2
?)