Re: [proaudio] nvidia modules won't build

On 5/23/07, Brad Fuller <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Geoff Beasley wrote:
> what gives with the later kernels that the nvidia drivers won't build ? exits
> with
> FATAL: modpost: GPL incompatible blah blah uses GPL onlty symbol pagefault
> disable...
>
> crap....
>
> nvidia-9775 on 2.6.21-rt2 & 6

I can't get past v9631 because later nvidia drivers don't support MX4000.

I'm not current, but close: 2.6.21-rt1

--
brad fuller
 website:  www.bradfuller.com

Not exactly a pro-audio issue for me but I have this same problem on
my MythTV frontend boxes but on the ATI side. Anything past
ati-drivers-8.28.8 doesn't support the on-board 9100 IGP and 8.28.8
doesn't work on anything later than 2.6.19.

I cannot use the kernel's driver as it doesn't support the S-Video output.

Venting,
Mark