Re: [proaudio] rt-sources-2.6.20-rt8

On Mi, 28.02.07 23:00 Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> It is just to report at I installed the 2.6.20-rt8 and get 3 system
> freeze in a few hours with it. I even try to run it with acpi=off as
> boot parameter but it doesn't helped.
>
> So I re-booted with the 2.6.19-rt15
>
> Maybe at the problem with the 2.6.20-rt8 is coming from the use of
> the fb splash and console fb. I don't try to reinstall the sources
> without this patch.
>
> I know at it was some know problems with some of the kernels in the
> overlay. I think at it would be a good thing if someone that know
> more about those know problems can add a few lines about it in the
> wiki if it is still actual.
>
> Ciao,
> Dominique

Strange...

tom@SiRiUS ~ $ uname -a && uptime
Linux SiRiUS.home 2.6.20-rt8 #9 PREEMPT Sun Feb 18 16:28:42 CET 2007
i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux 09:07:38 up 7 days,
13:05,  4 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.34, 0.36

with fbsplash and vesafb-tng and proprietary nvidia drivers and some
extra patches like 1.5G true lowmem, mapped watermark etc.
No SMP here. Do you have SMP enabled?
But if you think fbsplash is guilty, than all you can do to assure that
is boot it w/o fbsplash.

Tom