Re: [proaudio] ANN: 1 year gentoo-proaudio-overlay

Dominique Michel wrote:
Le Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:13:00 +0100,
Frieder Bürzele <evermind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Hi,

Today the overlay exists exactly 1 year
My first post was on Th Jan 26, 2006 3:38 pm at the gentoo-forums.

Greetings!

First a quick thank to all users and contributors.
Thanks for helping building this overlay to what it is today.

In the past year the overlay has grown from 30 apps to about 200.

Our mailinglist has atm 80 members.
Don't know the number of layman users :)

So what's next?

1. add new maintainers
   Next step is to add additional maintainers. As maintaining
   takes really alot time for just two ppl and won't get less if
   the overlay is getting more and more popular.

   So if some of you (ebuild contributor or not) want to join
   the team of ebuild (or web space?!) maintainers drop me a email.

I can contribute with some maintenance. Eventually with some new ebuilds too if
they are not too complicated.

thx for helping I've send you a email

2. Mention the existence of the overlay at http://linux-sound.org/
   which imply a successful step 1.

3. Maybe a installable proaudio livecd (or livedvd) based on sabayonlinux
   which is based on gentoo :)
So if you're interest in such a project and want to participate.
   Get Sabyonlinux from http://sabayonlinux.org install it on your
   spare machine :) and validate it if we could use it as a base.
   (start installing some apps from the overlay and also rt-kernel,...)
   Post your opinions about it.

It's a good news. I will take a look at Sabayon.

Ciao,