Re: [proaudio] patching specimen

Dubphil kirjoitti:
> I could probably do it myself, but there is something I must learn
> before; is how to create a patch file.

A small HOWTO of creating patch files for ebuilds :) :

You need to have two source trees, say, specimen-original and specimen-patched.
1) cd into the directory having these.
2) run
diff -Naur specimen-original/path/to/original-file
specimen-patched/path/to/modified-file > nameofpatch.patch
3) copy the patch in /path/to/your/portage/specimen/files
4) use this in ebuild as follows
epatch ${FILESDIR}/nameofpatch.patch

JR

--
| me@home ~$whoami            ^ ^  | "Trust me, I know what I'm doing!" |
| Jouni 'Mad Max' Rinne      ('x') | - Sledge Hammer                    |